Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review - Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen ( Fallen #1)
by Lauren Kate


Published by: Delacorte Press on December 8, 2009
Genres:  Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy
Pages:  452
My Rating: 5/5 Stars



There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

(c) Goodreads


Book Review


Over-all Comment:

"Love this book to pieces!"


Appearance:

The title and the cover was appealing. You can see through the cover that the content is dark and fascinating. I was especially glad because the girl on the cover covered her face. It's not that I despise covers with faces in them, but it ruins the way I imagine the characters.


Characters:

The characters were described intricately, from the way hey stare at someone, to the way they move. There were characters that will surprise you, and there were also some that you will really love. And I guess, that is one great element that Lauren Kate added in the book. In order to consider that you love a specific book, you must have characters that you love and characters that you despise so much. It means that the author's way of writing is effective to her readers.


Lucinda Price, throughout the book, was this girl who thinks she's very different. Since she was a kid, she had been seeing this shadows. Little did she know that the people around her might be way more different than what she thought she was. Enter Daniel Grigori, the guy who flipped her off on her very first day at Sword & Cross and the guy whom she thinks she had known before. He acts very weird, strange and cold towards Luce but beyond these actions are feelings that he's trying so hard to keep. Cameron Briel, better known as Cam, is quite the exact opposite of him. He never hid his feelings. Especially towards Luce. (you might hate me for saying this, but I actually like his character.) He's always full of happiness and charisma when he's with Luce. That's why she was torn between two angels. Luce felt happy whenever she's with Cam, but she feels like she'd be the happiest if she was with Daniel.


There are a lot of scenes and chapters that I absolutely loved in this book. I'd like to tell you, but you might kill me for spoiling you. So might as well keep it this way:

I loved the whole love triangle between Daniel, Luce and Cam. Reading this, I actually felt like I was Luce. Torn between these two angels. It was obvious that Cam is the bad guy here, but he's so freaking adorable, you wouldn't even think he's bad. So it was pretty hard to choose. And can we just take a minute to talk about Pennyweather Van Syckle-Lockwood? She's such an amazing character! She's the best friend of Luce in this book. I hope she was forever. Whoops, did I spoil anything? HAHAHA! Sorry, can't help myself. But yeah, I loved her character so much. She cheers everything up. Thumbs up for that!


Lastly, the whole story is just amazing. Lauren Kate made a wonderful research on this probably. With the angels and all. I love love love this book! And I'm pretty sure I will love the whole series even more!


I am currently reading Torment, the second book in the Fallen Series and I'm almost done. Soo..watch out for another book review.

'Til next time!

XOXO, Risse.

P.S. 

Here are my links so we can talk all day err day!

Twitter - twitter.com/thesimplestme19
Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9484630-ziara-zee-ya-ra

Follow me on bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12219065


And my latest blog post: RayKayBooks' Giveaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment